Crockpot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Looking for a quick comfort food meal, on a budget? Then this is your meal! Cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef, onion and rice, covered in a sweet and tangy tomato sauce and cooked in a slow cooker
Write a review
8 hr 32 min
8 hr 32 min
- 24 leaves cabbage
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Remove water from eye of stove.
- Steep cabbage leaves in pot 2 minutes; drain.
- In large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, pepper, salt, and rice.
- Set mixture meld together, in bowl, for two minutes.
- Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends neatly.
- Place rolls in slow cooker, in a pyramid configuration.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover, and cook on Low 8 hours.
- This meal is as delicious as it is affordable! I love it's simplicity, and the best part? This meal can easily be re-frozen, or prepped for freezer cooking! Enjoy!
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/