Good afternoon, savvy savers! This afternoon finds my home in the midst of Spring showers, puddles, and a cold snap! So, I thought today I would make an extra dish, which I can could share with you all today. I will be making my Crockpot Salisbury Steak Recipe! Aside from the ground beef, which I purchase generally on BOGO specials at my local Winn-Dixie, everything else is derived from the Dollar Tree! In addition, this recipe features both my homemade au jus and french onion soup mix recipes, which I have incorporated into this recipe as well. I can make this meal for under $7.00 and it will feed 6!
Here’s how you make it:
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
3 3/4 cup water
8 cubes or teaspoons beef bouillon
8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 bag frozen onion and pepper mix (or blanched onions and peppers you have on hand)
1) In a bowl mix all seasoning ingredients, aside from salt and pepper.
2) In a second bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands.
3) Add the soy sauce to the mixture and full incorporate.
4) Shape into 8 patties.
5) In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
6) Dredge the patties in the flour to coat the patties.
7) Brown on both sides in the skillet; turn the patties once while browning, for two minutes a side.
8) Place browned patties into your crockpot, in a pyramid shape.
9) Using your first bowl you mixed your seasoning together in, add the cream of chicken soup, frozen vegetables, and water. Combine well, then pour over the meat.
10) Cook on the Low setting for 6 hours, until ground beef is well done.
11) Serve over buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Pair this dish with a side of green beans, or peas, and rolls.