Good afternoon, savvy savers! Today I would like to share with you all my recipe for Crockpot Lasagna! This recipe is lower in fat, as I use ground turkey in liue of ground beef, which can be purchased for $1.00/lb. tubes at your local Save-A-Lot; the cheese can also be purchased for $1.00 there as well! All other ingredients can be purchased at your local Dollar Tree; recently my Dollar Tree started carrying ricotta cheese, which I stockpiled, and froze! I love that this recipe does not require boiling the lasagna pasta, which is a great time saver in the winter, and helps to eliminate heat in my kitchen, in the warm southern summers!
I can make this recipe for under $4.00, and it will 6.
Here’s how I make it:
1 pound ground turkey
4 tablespoons dried onions
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
12 ounces cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1) In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, brown your ground turkey.
2) While browning, add your dried onion, oregano, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and salt.
3) Stir well, and heat through for 5 minutes on low.
4) In a seperate large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
5) Next, place a small layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
6) Now, add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles; break the noodles up to fit the shape of the crockpot.
7) Now, add a layer of the cheese mixture. Then continue to layer the meat, noodles, and cheese mixture until add layer are finished.
8) Cover, and cook on low setting for 6 hours.
9) Pair with a salad and garlic bread.