Crock Pot Moroccan Tagine Chicken Recipe!
Good afternoon, savvy savers! This afternoon I wanted to share with you all another one of my favorite crockpot recipes, my Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken Tagine! This recipe is simple to make, and if I am planning to make this recipe, I will shop around for the best deal on the apricots, ginger, and chickpeas! I generally am able to find the rice and other spices at my local Dollar Tree, and use chicken from Zaycon.com. I can make this dish for under $9.00, and it feeds eight! This exotic Moroccan dish will satisfy palettes of all shapes and sizes!Here’s how to make it:
Write a review
6 hr 10 min
6 hr 10 min
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 1 teaspoon powder; fresh is also yummy if available
- 6 ounces dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups chicken stock; you can make your on a dime by boiling leftover poultry bones.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- A small pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a frying pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat until softened.
- Pour 2 cups chicken stock into the onion and garlic mixture, and whisk in flour steadily to avoid clumps.
- Whisk in honey and tomato paste; continuing to whisk as you go.
- Add spices and ginger.
- In a small bowl, dice your tomatoes, then fold them to your cooking mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a crockpot.
- Carefully add your chicken to the crockpot; center the chicken on the sauce.
- Add your chickpeas and apricots.
- Stir the mixture.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- One hour before serving, pour 2 cups reserved stock into a rice cooker, and cook your rice until tender; folk-fluff rice before serving. Couscous can also be used with this dish.
- Serve the Tagine on top of rice, served with flat bread or rolls, garnishing with apricots, if desired.
- Please note, this recipe also easily translates into freezable, frozen dinner or crockpot ready meals (pre-cooked), which would make awesome gifts for Moms-to-be this season!
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/