Good afternoon, savvy savers! Today finds us with yet another one of my weekly recipes, this time my Couponed Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings! I use chicken from Zaycon, and my other ingredients from the Dollar Tree, and am able to make recipe for under $5.00, which feeds 8!
Here’s how I make it:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced (or use blacnhed or bagged frozen onions)
2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Pwder
2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
1 Cup Luke Warm Water
1 Teaspoon dried parsley
1) In a Crockpot, add the chicken halves, cut into chunks.
2) Next, add your onions and soup to the Crockpot.
3) Cook the mixture on high for 6 hours.
4) On the 5th hour, start to make your dumplings. Start by sifting flour and baking soda in a sperate bowl, and then add your oil, water, and parsley, until a dough forms. Let the dough rest on your countertop for 10 minutes.
5) 30 minutes before completion, break your dough into small pieces, and add to the crockpot. Cook additional 30 minutes.