Good morning, savvy savers! For this weeks Cleaning Solutions post, I wanted to bring you my formula for Homemade Outdoor Windex Concentrate! I decided to create my own formula, when I ran out of the original product purchased by my husband, and when checking at my local Lowe’s found that the product was priced at $12.98! This seemed outrageous to me. This formula was born after a pollen-filled weekend, when all of my outdoor windows, including the exterior of my sunroom, need a serious sprucing up! Each cleaning will only set you back, $0.25, and will clean up to 20 full-length windows!
Here’s how I make it:
2 cups rubbing alcohol
3/4 gallon of water
1/2 cup ammonia
1 tsp dish detergent
Sprayer Hose Attachment
1) In a bucket, mix the alcohol and water together.
2) In a separate bowl mix the ammonia and detergent.
3) Mix the two containers together.
4) Using an outdoor sprayer attachment, mix 1/2 solution to 1 cup water, and using this mixture spray down your outdoor windows.
5) Re-spray windows with water.
6) Take a swiffer mop, and attach a half sheet of newspaper to the mop; use the mop to go over windows to remove any film or mildew.
7) Use two coffee filter to dry your windows to a shine!