Good afternoon, savvy savers! Spring has sprung, and at out house, the grill is on and sizzling this fine April afternoon. With all things grilled on my mind, I thought I would share my go-to Budget Burger Recipe. Keep in mind, I purchase my beef on sale at Save-A-Lot, for $1.00 per pound, prepare the patties, and freeze them for days like today! Also, if I have coupons for Laura’s Lean Ground Beef, I would use that instead if everyone is clamouring for beef burgers; all other ingredients, including buns can be purchased at your local Dollar Tree. This recipe can be made, for under $3.00, and will feed eight.
2 pounds ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons evaporated milk
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1) Preheat grill to high heat.
2) In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, or beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands.
3) Form the mixture into 8 patties.
4) Lightly oil the grill grate; I use coconut oil rendered.
5) Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until medium-well done.