Blueberry Overnight French Toast Casserole!
Good morning, savvy savers! Today I wanted to share my go-to recipe for nightly desserts, and weekend brunches, at both home and with family and friends, one of my go-to recipes is for Budget-Basic Blueberry Overnight French Toast Casserole! This recipe can be made exclusively with ingredients from the Dollar Tree, and can be made for under $5.00, and will serve 6-8, depending on serving size! Here’s how to make it:
Write a review
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk, or dairy-free substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional garnish: Maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh blueberries.
- Grease your stoneware crockpot insert.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, in a bowl, and fold-in, and cream the spices into the butter.
- Sprinkle one-third of the mixture evenly over the bottom of your prepared slow cooker.
- Cover with 6 bread slices.
- Then sprinkle with another third of the sugar mixture.
- Add a layer of blueberries on top of the mixture.
- Now, add your remaining bread slices to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the second layer of bread with remaining sugar mixture.
- Now beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt in a separate bowl.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the slow cooker.
- Press down lightly on bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least six hours during the day, for dessert preparation.
- To cook the casserole, set the slow cooker to low, 3 to 4 hours or until eggs are set browned.
- Plate warm, and garnish with maple syrup, a dollop of whipped cream and blueberries, if desired.
- This recipe is one of my go-to Sunday brunch dishes for company and family. The warmth of this dish, and the delicate, yet deep flavors of the maple and blueberries make this a must-try dish this winter season. Enjoy!
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/