Good morning, savvy savers! For this weeks Beauty On A Budget Series post, I wanted to share with you my go-to facial astringent recipe, my Chamomile-Mint Astringent!
Here’s how I brew my astringent:
- 3 chamomile tea bags
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Using a tea infuser, prepare the tea; use with the mint as well.
- Once the tea is brewed, cool for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the essential oil.
- When applying, I use cotton balls, and apply the astringent in strokes, from my neck to forehead, and use a clean ball every so often.
- Once the blend has full infused, I remove the tea from the cylinder, and store in my refrigerator, up to one week.
This astringent sets me back a whopping $0.05 each time I make it, as I can buy chamomile at my local Dollar Tree, and I purchase my eucalyptus oil through Amazon.com; in addition I grow my own mint! This blend is very gentle, safe, and affordable! I hope you will try it as well!
Here’s to putting your best face forward,