Good morning, savvy savers! For this weeks Beauty On A Budget Series, I want to share with you my recipe for Customizable Homemade Bronzing Powder! This blend will last approximately six months with daily use, and will set you back on $0.20 to make. Here’s how I make it!
1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp nutmeg powder
2 tsp cornstarch (rice powder can be substituted for those allergic to corn-based products)
15 lavender essential oil
1) When making this blend use this guide; Cinnamon adds warmth, cocoa adds darkness, and nutmeg adds a sunkissed glow, and so you will need to test this combination out against the back of your wrist as you go to clarify the best color for you. I have a fair complexion, and this works well for me, but may need to be adjusted for others.
2) Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
3) Add your Cornstarch to the mix, and whisk again.
4) Add your essential oil; Essential oil acts as a binder in this blend.
5) Break up any clumps with a fork, and then whisk until smooth.
6) Use an empty tin or compact to store your makeup, using the back of a spoon to smooth all ingredients together.
7) Apply as you would any contour powder.