Good morning, savvy savers! For this weeks Beauty On A Budget Series, I want to share with you my recipe for Customized Homemade Bronzing Powder! This blend will last approximately six months with daily use, and will set you back on $0.20 to make. Here’s how I make it!
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp rice powder
- 15 lavender essential oil
- When making this blend use this guide; Cinnamon adds warmth, cocoa adds darkness, and nutmeg adds a sun-kissed glow, and so you will need to test this combination out against the back of your wrist as you go to clarify the best color for you. I have a fair complexion, and this works well for me, but may need to be adjusted for others.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- Add your Cornstarch to the mix, and whisk again.
- Add your essential oil; Essential oil acts as a binder in this blend.
- Break up any clumps with a fork, and then whisk until smooth.
- Use an empty tin or compact to store your makeup, using the back of a spoon to smooth all ingredients together.
- Apply as you would any contour powder.
Here’s to putting your best face forward,