All Natural Cough Syrup Recipe
Hello again, savvy savers! If you are anything like me, than throughout the year you suffer from dry, scratchy, painful throat symptoms. In my case, it can be caused by anything from acid reflux to cold and flu symptoms. With allergy season right around the corner, I wanted to share by blend for DIY, All Natural Cough Syrup! Not only is this blend all natural, it costs merely $0.50 per bottle! Here's how to make it!
Write a review
- The juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup raw locally sourced honey
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Start by mixing all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Next, in a small storage container, mix the vinegar and water.
- Now, dissolve the spices in the vinegar and water
- Add honey and shake it up.
- When dispensing, use 1 teaspoon every 4-6 hours to treat scratchy throats, and naturally alleviate season allergy symptoms. This blend also works well for sore throats due to post nasal drip, colds, and flu. You can also add 2 tablespoons of syrup to one cup lemonade or cider, served either hot or cold, as a DIY Theraflu alternative! Also note, the cayenne pepper is added as a natural decongestant to this blend. Please note, this blend will last refrigerated, for up to one year.
The LadyPrefers2Save http://theladyprefers2save.com/