This past year, blogging has been a real blessing in my life. There are so many reasons I’m thankful for blogging, and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’d like to share some of them with you today.
My Top 6 Reasons I’m Thankful For Blogging:
1. Information: While the world wide web is full of amazing information at any moments notice, it’s the true information that we get from fellow bloggers, that truly makes all the difference in the world. Whether it’s tips on budgeting and meal planning or the comradery that comes with knowing you are not the only ones wading through the trenches of motherhood, it’s the advice of fellow bloggers that has helped me in untold ways. The collective wellspring of knowledge these courageous bloggers share with the world each day is truly an amazing thing to behold.
2. Recipes: Do you love recipes on Pinterest? Yeah, me too. Any idea where the majority of those amazing meals you’re dying to try come from? That’s right. Bloggers. Tons and tons of bloggers. Bloggers who create recipes. Bloggers who create free meal plans for you. Bloggers who write cookbooks. Bloggers who you rely on at 4 o’clock when you need a last minute side dish you need to bring to a potluck with the ingredients you have in your pantry already. Those bloggers. And they are awesome!
3. Networking: Making connections through blogging is an amazing networking experience. I’ve learned this year how many serious, lasting connections can be made for blogging network opportunities. Whether it’s through LinkedIn or a professional blogging Facebook group, what I do in a professional manner in the blogosphere is largely the result of my efforts in networking with others.
4. Being a wife: Being a homemaker and blogging go hand-in-hand in many ways. When it comes to learning to understand how to be an effective homemaker I’ve experienced so much unconditional support. Blogging has empowered me as a better wife and homemaker, plain and simple, and I’m proud to share that.
5. Friendships: Blogging has given me some of the most amazing friends I’ve made in my adult life. People I have never even met sending me love and prayers when I need them, life me up when I’m struggling, and are always willing to lend a hand in helping me to grow my blog and businesses. These are friends I hope to one day sit down across a table from so I can thank them for reminding me that I’m never alone. The communities I have established for myself through blogging are without a doubt one of the things I am most thankful for. My gratefulness abounds.
6. An outlet for change: Ask any writer – writing is cathartic for the soul. Blogging helps me write my way through unwanted stress, emotions, anxiety and is also pretty amazing when you’ve got loads of great things happening, too. My blog helps me express the kind of person I seek to be and the kind of change I wish to see in the world. Blogging lets me know each day that when it comes to the human experience, we are never really alone.
So there you have it, my top six reasons blogging has blessed my life. So friends, I have to ask, in what are reasons you thankful for blogging? I’d love to hear about them below. Enjoy your day!