Good morning, savvy savers! If you are anything life myself, you are always coming up with new ideas on how to pinch your pennies, and save your cents! One way I have done this over the past few years is by starting a gift closet! Sure this area does not actually have to be a closet, per se, as it would be an area, shelf, bin, or the life, but in my home, I’ve dedicated a space for this practice and I’ve found it saves me hundreds a year! When I know a birthday, holiday, anniversary, church-function, neighborhood welcoming is on the way, I check with my closet to see if I have supplies, and if I do not… my first stop is the Dollar Tree!
This brings me to today’s post! I know several young ladies going on Spring vacation is the near future, and so I wanted to put together small baskets for them, with little happies, for their trip! I was able to do so at the Dollar Tree for $6.00 per gal! Here’s how:
- I raided my gift closet and stockpile; I had free-with-coupon tanning lotions, lip balms, bronzers, and sunscreens which I picked up for each basket!
- I went to my craft room and took an peel-and-stick initial, for each girl, which can be place on their baskets during vacation!
- I then went shopping! At the Dollar Tree I was able to pick up packs of Crystal light, packs of plastic cups (which I divided up), tanning mats, cellophane for wrapping the baskets, baskets themselves, reading novels, gel face masks, aloe vera gel bottles, and small battery-powered blowing fans!
- I used samples from the mail to stock their makeup bags with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face cream, perfume, and the like!
- I assembled the baskets, included a note (stationery also bought at the Dollar Tree), wrapped them up, and had them ready to go!
Similar baskets online can cost upwards of $75.00 to be delivered, by baskets were $10.00! You have to love a gift-closet, Dollar Tree, couponing kind of gift!