Hello again, savvy savers! for this weeks Wednesday Ways To Save, I wanted to share with you a tip that you may not have thought of, and that is saving with a simply grocery receipt from Walmart! If your family is anything like mine, than you may have a weekly trip to this grocery giant, and are sure to have several receipts from this store laying around the house.
So, with this in mind, here are 5 ways to save using a Walmart Receipt:
1) Check Your Receipts For Pricing Mistakes: As a savvy saver, you should always go in-store with a list, corporate coupon policy, as well as an estimated total and budget in mind for each trip. Therefore before you leave your store weekly, be sure to check your receipts for any item pricing or coupon irregularities which may be on your receipt. If any regularities are found, immediately stop by your stores Customer Service Counter for a corrected refund; please note that refunds can be placed on a Walmart gift card for future purchases, too!
2) Scan Your Receipt Using The Walmart Savings Catcher App: After making your in-store purchases at Walmart, go here and enter your receipt number (TC #) as well as the purchase date found at the bottom of your receipt; this can be found on the right-hand side. Next, click “Get Started” to log into your account using your Walmart.com information. The Walmart Savings Catcher then compares the amount you paid for each eligible item on your receipt, as compared to the advertised prices at other stores in your area (including most grocery items, health & beauty products, and children’s items. If ANY item is advertised at a lower price at a competitor’s store in your area, they’ll match that price and give you the difference in a Walmart e-Gift Card. You can scan up to ten receipts per week; I also check the parking lot weekly to see if I can find additional receipts to scan, too! Be sure to go here for more details!
3) Be Sure To Check For App Savings: After shopping, be sure to check out your available app savings from BerryCart, Shopmium (use code GMYMMYPT), iBotta, Checkout51, SavingStar, Shrink (use code TVSBRG), Jingit, and Receipt Hog (use code drog2894).
4) Check Your Receipt For Coupons: Be sure to check the back of your Walmart receipts for manufacturer, pharmacy, and in-store deli savings coupons; many coupons can be used at any store and several I have spotted did not have a printed expiration date!
5) Use Your Receipts To Help You Budget: Using your Walmart receipts to tally your monthly spending, annual spending, as well as your seasonal cyclical coupon spending will help you decide in what areas you are spending the least on, areas you could further save on, and as a total ego boost to show just how much you saving savings are adding up to!
So, the next time you are in-store at Walmart, be sure to make the most out of your receipts!
Here’s to saving,